Self-care is important when you are spending more time inside because of cooling weather or from virus concerns. Maintaining your happiness while feeling (or actually) being confined indoors can be challenging. Here are five simple ways to keep you physically and mentally happy while spending more time inside.
You do not have to go outside, explore, and travel to find the happiness and peace you are looking for. You probably have everything that you need right inside your home. Home is where you can find true happiness.
5 Ways To Bring You Joy With Indoor Activities:
- Find or Spend More Time On A Hobby. And you thought it was going to be read a book, didn’t you? A hobby stimulates your brain while giving you a sense of self-satisfaction. It helps you relax and is fun to do.
- A hobby is “me time” and it enables you to consume yourself in an activity that means something to you. You are valuable and engaging in a hobby reaffirms that peace and feelings of self-worth.
- If you create things with your hobby of choice it will actually increase your self-esteem. Plus, you get to use the items for self-satisfaction or give them away as gifts and share that joy with others!
- Find And Read A Book. Yeah, you knew it was in this list somewhere. Many hobbies require you to research, learn and search for inspiration. A good book or magazine about your hobby can bring you inspiration and increased self-satisfaction. Of course, try and read a good fiction book too. It can transform your everyday same ole into another world.
- Who doesn’t love a book that captures from the first page and you can’t put the book down? It is a great way to have something to look forward to doing every day.
- Bake Something. Baking makes your home smell great and you will stimulate your endorphins. Endorphins will boost your pleasure, resulting in a feeling of well-being. And, who doesn’t want to enjoy or see the joy of others when you share these treats with friends and family?
- Here is where we have must add a downer disclaimer. Your physical health is an important factor in your overall health and wellness. Make sure you adhere to a well-balanced diet and not binge eat cookies and treats.
- Play A Game. If you are alone, you can play games with others on the computer or play solitaire. If you have family or a chance for friends to visit, break out a board game, or play some cards. What is your favorite board game? My favorites are Connect Four and Othello. Checkers or Chutes and Ladders if my opponent is under ten!
- Tamper your competitiveness and just have fun during the game. There is no need to tempt tensions or tempers to flare by being overly competitive. Do your best, scheme a strategy, but just have fun win or lose.
- TV Binging. This is a great activity if done in moderation. Binging your favorite show or shows can make you lose track of time. It also induces binge eating too! On the occasion, however, it is just peaceful to settle in for a day of watching movies or your favorite TV shows.
Doing things that you love to do is an easy way to rest your mind, find peace, and do some self-care while spending time indoors.
Now is a good time to look after your self-care especially with such an uncertain world of politics, viruses, and civil unrest in the U.S. Spending quality time at home with these 5 self-care tips will make your day positive and relaxing.
It is not hard to find indoor activities that bring you peace, satisfaction, and happiness.
Go ahead and take a look around your house. I bet you can find something fun you have always wanted to do. Do it and reconnect with yourself and your home during this time.
Self-care activities you can do indoors is the perfect way to save your sanity and pass the time.
7 Self-Care Habits That Will Transform Your Life
7 intriguing self-care habits and tips. These are my favorite self-care habits that you can do daily to achieve a happy and healthy life.
4 Self-Care During The Holidays – Holiday Survival Tips
Looking for tips for self-care during the holidays during 2020? Here are 4-holiday self-care habits that may help you navigate them with a smile.